Helping Create Your Path To A Better Tomorrow

Modifications: Changing Your Divorce Order

A court order cannot predict the future. After a significant change in circumstances, your child support, custody arrangement or visitation schedule may need to be changed.

Fortunately, Virginia family courts allow a modification in court-ordered child support and custody arrangements when there has been a significant change in circumstances. A change in circumstances could include relocating for a job, moving to be near family, or having a significant medical condition arise that prevents one parent from physically or financially supporting a child.

If you have experienced a significant change in circumstances and your current child support or custody arrangement is no longer appropriate, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. Simply failing to pay child support or not following the custody arrangement can lead to significant legal and financial consequences.

Call 703-278-2027 to schedule a low cost consultation with Bristle Schulze.

Relocation (Move-Away) Cases

Many of our clients are in the military or work for the federal government. Many professionals arrived in Northern Virginia for work. Our clients often have to relocate to advance their careers. We can help you petition the court to ensure your situation is clearly outlined to the court. We will help you present your case and file your petition to modify custody. At all times, we will protect your finances and your relationship with your children.

We Offer Low Cost Initial Consultations

To schedule a low cost initial consultation with an experienced divorce and child custody lawyer, call 703-278-2027 or reach us online and we will contact you. We accept appointments at our Manassas, Virginia, office during regular business hours and on weeknights and weekends by appointment.